Monday, January 3, 2011

My Story

So, in starting this challenge, I thought I'd share my story.


Back in the day....like 10-15 years ago, I was in the best shape of my life! I was dancing 4-6 days a week for 4-6 hours a day! Plus I was at a job where I was walking around all the time! About 9 years ago, I had to change jobs to a sit down job and stop dancing. instead of finding something else to do, I just kept eating the same and not working out. THEN I got pregnant! All in all I gained like 70 lbs and I've never really gotten it back off again.


About a year ago, I was at 236 lbs. I was so grateful to Danielle for starting the challenge last year! I had a hard time getting going, but with a huge change of heart last March, I ended up loosing enough to win that challenge last year! AND I kept on losing! As of right now, I'm at 191 lbs! THAT'S 45 LBS LOST!!!!! I've been under the 200 lbs mark for a couple months now. It was also a HUGE thing to go shopping last week and purchase clothes that were 4 sizes smaller than last year! AND THEY FIT GREAT! Not too tight! It's AWESOME!


I've learned within this past year of my journey that what you eat is just as important, if not more important, than how much you exercise! There were times where I would go weeks without losing any weight and it was super frustrating! I would go a couple days being really strict with what I eat, and I would lose! I found an amazing website where I would track my calories. When I did this, I would lose faster! livestrong.com It has amazing app's for blackberry, iphone and droids. It was wonderful to have it on the go! It's amazing the decisions that are made when you know how many calories you're taking in!



Here are some of my "before" pictures from last year




















And here are some photos of me now....



I still have 20-30 lbs to lose, so these are now my "before" pictures for this year!

Here's to SHRINKING some more!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment