Sunday, January 23, 2011

My diet plan

So weigh in time is here again.. I'm looking forward to Sundays now. :)

I guess I'll post what I post on Facebook every Sunday here.
Start:196
Old:187
New:183

Yep I've made it public. I figure that if I hold myself accountable to my friends it's extra motivation. So far so good!

As for my diet:
For breakfast I've done mostly a "green" drink. Which is made in my blender and shared with my hubby. It varies depending what I have on hand but basically...
Ingredrients: 2 bananas
handful of blueberries
large handful of Spinach
a cup to a cup and 1/2 of frozen strawberries
a cup to a cup and 1/2 of Frozen Pineapple
one tbs of Flaxseed oil
the meat of a young coconut
the coconut water out of the same coconut
(If no Coconut water I use 1 and 1/2 cups of distilled water)

Sometimes I stick in a stalk of celery, I've put in swisschard and kale before but my husband doesn't like the taste of either... so since he's doing this with me I've omitted them. The spinach doesn't overpower the fruit taste but the kale and swisschard are stronger flavored so you end up with a greenish looking fruit tasting smoothie. It's yummy!

On days that I want something hot I cook up a serving of steel-cut oatmeal and stir a half of a chopped up apple into it with whatever else I might fancy. I've done apples and raisens with cinnamon and apples and bananas both were splendid. I sweetened it with 2 tsp of raw honey.

Lunch is a HUGE salad with Spring green mix or just baby spinach. I've chopped up an apple and put raisens, cinnamon and fresh squeezed OJ on it YUMMY! or just loaded it up with tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, radishes, carrots, celery, and ny other veggies in the fridge that I fancy. I make my own dressing or put on a premade dressing in moderation. (No more than 2 tablespoons and usually Italian)

For dinner lots of options. Baked potatoes, lots of different soups, veggie pancakes, tacos with whole wheat tortillas no sour cream and LOTS of salsa and tiny amounts of cheese (because cheese is mostly fat) so a sensible dinner basically.

Oh and WATER lots of Water!
I workout every other day because of the FMS and I don't want to overdo.

Sunday is my "free" day. I eat what I want just in moderation. Like waffles... just one serving.

I guess my diet is a combination of the Body for Life and Eat to Live. It seems to be working. so :crosses my finger: here's hoping it keeps going.

Good Luck to all.

Kandee

1 comment: