Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Freckles - Signing In!

Hello everyone, I never wrote anything on here during the last challenge, so I thought I would get more involved this time around and be more accountable for my efforts.

This week, I weighed in at 191.6, the heaviest I have ever been in my life!! I thought, something's gotta change, NOW! I've lost  a little weight in the past, but this time it's not just that I really want to, I HAVE to. None of my clothes fit anymore. I went to photograph a wedding and realized, the morning of,  that not a single pair of pants fit me. I had to wear a long skirt instead and died of heat exhaustion.

My husband lost his job a few months ago and money is tight so I've put my gym membership on hold. This is my perfect storm, tons of stress, a whacky thyroid (oh and no health insurance) with no scheduled physical outlet. I've gained 10 pounds since he lost his job. Well that is about to change! While I can't afford the monthly gym membership, I did pool together $100 to buy a new gadget, similar to the body bug. It's called a Fitbit. It tracks everything the body bug does, but you can access al their online tools for free, no monthly membership fee. : ) I think this will help motivate me to get out and do more.

I am going to try new things and get more active outside the gym. For instance,  today I went on a 40 minute bike ride, biking my kids to their friend's houses and back. So stay tuned for more posts from me reporting my progress, and hopefully some pounds lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment